When Slot-A was in town for our Writer’s Block showcase last month (June’s is this upcoming Wednesday), Drums Bang sat down with Slot and talked about his past and how he got started, his production and sound, and some about on his new beat tape that we’re sharing tomorrow. Be on the lookout for “High Tide,” and make sure to check out his featured Producer Beat Box over at Drums Bang’s website. A few things you get if you buy the box are listed below.
Read More »
Our inaugural DRUMS BANG: Producer Beat Box for June 2014 features Michigan to Chicago producer/DJ SLOT-A, who has produced for the likes of Jamall Bufford aka Buff-1 (The Black Opera/Athletic Mic League), Add-2 (Jamla Records), Scheme (Molemen), Neak, Grumpy Old Men, Gerald Walker, Sincerely Yours, and many others.
If you purchase DRUMS BANG: Producer Beat Box for June 2014 you will get the contents listed below shipped to your doorstep, and yes, shipping is free in the US. More details on your box is listed below:
1) Exclusive drum kit from SLOT-A with 40 custom crafted sounds. These aren’t just any kicks, snares, hats, breaks, etc…these are customized and crafted by SLOT-A himself. No copy and pasting from other kits!
2) Live musician samples in bass form. Basslines Basics played by Clarence Jones (aka Gritts) of Sweet Poison Victim. There are 74 authentic bass samples, loops and one shots included.
3) Live musician samples in guitar form. The Ted Somerville Guitar experience features Ted Somerville of Sweet Poison Victim. There are 104 guitar samples, loops, one shots and other experimental sounds included.
3) Maja 7th & Dominique Larue’s “GRAND” EP with exclusive acapellas for five of the tracks.
4) Slot-A’s brand new exclusive “High Tide” beat tape in digital form.
5) Writer’s Block beat tape in physical form (CD) for the month of June. Special one-of-a-kind packaging. It features 10 dope producers from around the world, sponsored by BDTB. You can submit to be a part of it next month by hitting this link.
6) Stickers, stickers.
7) An item to add to your gear/adapter collection OR a discount coupon for either a music store or gear. It varies each month.
8) Artwork for SLOT-A’s “High Tide” beat tape. The artwork is also signed. 8×10.
9) Exclusive music from Chicago’s Sincerely Yours that was produced by SLOT-A.
10) An informational and possibly comedic video about producing from Chicago’s ILL Brown (producer for Bun B, Freddie Gibbs, Casey Veggies, GLC and more).
11) A one-of-a-kind button made by Make Me Sandwich. Pin it to something.
12) Detailed information on all of the artists and vendors involved with the Producer Beat Box for this month.
13) All of the digital information comes on a customized 4GB flash drive.
14) Yes, that’s over $100 worth of freshness for only $30!