Read More »
As you may know, we (along side DJ MetroGnome) throw a producer’s showcase every first Wednesday of the month at Sabbatical in Indianapolis (Broad Ripple). We bring out producer’s to play live from around the corner to out of the country.
Well, we’ve got a cool idea.
From now until Record Store Day (April 19th, 2014), we will be taking submissions to be on the BDTB sponsored Writer’s Block Beat Tape for May 2014. The beat tape will feature around 15 beats each month of the best production submitted from various producers around the world (anybody can submit). Additionally, it will be the featured beat tape in the brand new DRUMS BANG: Producer Beat Box that is launching in May, which is a new production-based business founded by BDTB’s founder, LONEgevity, that offers notable producer-crafted drum kits, acapellas, samples, tutorials, stickers, and other customized cool items that will not only be different each month, but mailed out to your doorstep as well. That launch site is up here.
So if you submit and get selected, your beat will be on the MAY 2014 edition WRITERS BLOCK CD that will be put out on a CD, and be included in the DRUMS BANG producer beat box for MAY 2014. It will also be available for free download on Bandcamp for all to get familiar with you, with a link to your Soundcloud and/or Twitter/Facebook page. Specific rules and information below:
- Email must include Producer Name, the beat (or link to the beat) in WAV form, title of beat, and twitter/soundcloud info.
- Each producer may submit ONLY one (1) beat per month/contest. Don’t send us to Soundcloud to pick.
- The beat can be original or have samples. It does not have to be verse, hook, verse, hook! Be creative.
- It has to be your beat.
- It is free to submit. You must submit a .wav formatted beat. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will not be paid if you get selected as this is a promotional item for you, BDTB, DRUMS BANG, and Writer’s Block.
- BDTB/DRUMS BANG will use your one (1) submitted instrumental for this specific release ONLY.
- We will not sell or distribute the instrumental separately from this release.
- Although DRUMS BANG: Producer Beat Box will be sold, the contents of this CD are used for promotional use only through BDTB.
- BDTB/DRUMS BANG will take care of all of the physical pressing and associated fees.
- Each selected producer will received a complimentary CD of the compilation in our custom packaging.
- Each selected producer will receive a 20% discount to purchase the DRUMS BANG: Producer Beat Box for the month they are selected.
- We may give away or sell any extra physical copies (CD format) of each WRITERS BLOCK compilation at future WRITERS BLOCK or related events. (We do not plan on making extras, but if we for some reason have extras we’d sell to cover costs of printing/pressing the CDs.)