Naptown transplant Bangers by One, a producer and song writer, just unleashed his long-awaited Antinomy EP yesterday. The project is ten tracks in full, and features a variety of artists from the midwest and states. The project has a theme in itself, which touches on the “contradictions of perspective based in reality in our society, music, and culture as human beings” – and it’s done well. I was lucky enough to sit down with One a few weeks ago as he stopped by my place with his daughter to let me hear the project. He played the EP from front to back, talked about the ideas behind the songs and project, and we ate some wings. Again, it’s a really good project.
The official release date is April 10th, but we have the stream now, and his release show is this Friday. If you’d like to pre-order the project, you can do so on Bandcamp. Make sure to head out to the Walker Theater on Friday for the release party from 7:30-9:30. More info here.
Read More »
· Rob “Bangers by One” Goldsmith: Production, lead and backing vocals, vocal arrangements, various keyboards, and lyrics for all songs except “Shackles”
· Damone Williams: Lyrics, background vocals (Shackles)
· Sean “Lonegevity” Stuart: Additional trumpet (Too Black)
· Jo Uni: Lead and backing vocals, vocal arrangements, and lyrics (Brother, Shackles, Gratitude)
· All other verses written and represented by respective artists.
· Rob “Bangers by One” Goldsmith and Fran Goldsmith: Executive producer.
· Mastered by Rob “Bangers by One” Goldsmith at City Dump Records
· Art Direction: Rob “Bangers by One” Goldsmith and Jo Uni
· Design Layout: Rob “Bangers by One” Goldsmith and Jo Uni
· Photography: Jo Uni.