That isn’t just Vitamin water in that bottle. Press play and bump Tona‘s most recent visual, Weed & Alcohol. The song is produced by Rich Kidd, and the intro piece to the video is produced by Lyve. Now sing along with me.
Brought to you in sound and support by the good folks at DJ Booth, as well as us here at BDTB, you have Indianapolis producer LONEgevity‘s 10-track album made up of songs he remixed from Chicago-based Grumpy Old Men‘s last two projects (#FreeLunch and Sunday Skool). This is a FREE project that you can listen and download at DJ Booth, but you also have the opportunity to grab the project plus five bonus tracks from iTunes, Amazon, and Spotify this evening.
We just recently shared the first single from the DJ Booth & BDTB sponsored project from Grumpy Old Men and producer LONEgevity, and here is the second track that just debuted over at DJ Booth entitled Where It Go. This track features Toronto’s Tona. 4/25/13!
Fresh off inviting rivals to Kick Rocks on the inaugural release off their forthcoming remix tape with beatsmith LONEgevity, Grumpy Old Men return to give their competition another kick in the shins on single number two. Whereas the aforementioned remix was on the grimy side, LONE imbues this cut with a more laid-back brand of swagger, swapping out Don Cannon and Mars’ abrasive synth arrangement for a funkier, sampled beat. His slick bassline and head-noddable percussion are a fitting accompaniment to the bold and arrogant bars delivered by Mike Schpitz and guest spitter Tona. Time for the big question: is this take on the record an improvement over the reader-approved original? If you think so, then don’t miss the rest of the fresh remixes to be found on Sunday Brunch, dropping via The DJBooth next Thursday, April 25.
Here’s the newest project from Chicago’s Grumpy Old Men. If you aren’t familiar with these cats yet (even though you should be), they are a two-man emcee duo made up of Kansas emcee Mike Schpitz, and Cincinnati bred Pete Sayke.
Their new project, entitled #FreeLunch, is the mixtape of mixtapes. Mixed with brand new songs, and songs done over borrowed beats that are simply just as good if not better than the originals, this is a very solid follow up to their previous Sunday Skool.
01. Grumpy Old Men Feat. The Lunch Lady – Monday’s Menu [Prod. By SLOT-A] (2:40)
02. Grumpy Old Men – #FreeLunch [Prod. By SLOT-A] (2:54)
03. Grumpy Old Men – B Team Shit (3:02)
04. Grumpy Old Men – Nothing To Lose (3:38)
05. Grumpy Old Men Feat. Grade Aplus – Bucket List (4:42)
06. Grumpy Old Men – Fistful Of Dollars (3:02)
07. Grumpy Old Men – Bad Cough (3:28)
08. Grumpy Old Men – Roll One (3:02)
09. Grumpy Old Men Feat. Tona – Where It Go (4:25)
10. Grumpy Old Men Feat. LONEgevity – Kick Rocks [Prod. By LONEgevity] (3:05)
11. Grumpy Old Men Feat. The Lunch Lady – Wednesday’s Menu [Prod. By SLOT-A] (1:11)
12. Grumpy Old Men – World Goes On (3:38)
13. Grumpy Old Men Feat. A.M. – How I See It (3:40)
14. Grumpy Old Men – Dope [Prod. By Maja 7th] (3:25)
15. Grumpy Old Men – Driver’s Ed [Prod. By Maja 7th] (2:52)
16. Grumpy Old Men Feat. DreDai – These Hoes (4:18)
17. Grumpy Old Men Feat. Sincerely Yours – One For The Road (Remix) (4:35)
18. Grumpy Old Men – Fly Away (3:01)
19. Grumpy Old Men Feat. The Lunch Lady – Friday’s Menu [Prod. By SLOT-A] (2:26)
20. Grumpy Old Men – Fly Away (LONEgevity Remix) (3:01)
Mixed & Mastered by ILL Brown.
Photos were taken by Alex Dare.
Artwork was done by Heath O’Campo.
Here’s the latest leak from the Chicago duo’s upcoming #Freelunch. Grab it below, and check out their feature at DJ Booth.
Grumpy Old Men (Mike Schpitz and Pete Sayke) drop their second leak titled “Where It Go”, that is from the upcoming mixtape, #FreeLunch, featuring Toronto emcee Tona. Tona joins GOM to address the current state of things and ask the illusive questions, Where It Go? #FreeLunch is scheduled to drop next month with features and production from Tona, DreDai, LONEgevity, Grade Aplus, SLOT-A, Maja 7th and more.