BDTB PRESENTS :: THE WRITER’S BLOCK SAMPLE, CHOP & FLIP BATTLES
br> What Producer Doesn’t Like A Good Challenge?
I remember back in the mid 2000’s when I would join forums and do sample flipping battles, and I highly enjoyed being involved in those contests. Well, we’re finally getting around to doing it here at BDTB. The premise is simple: take the sample we provide and make a dope beat out of it. These contests will be running every two weeks, and the winner of each challenge will be voted by BDTB visitors and the producers involved.
The winner of each contest will not only be listed on a winners beat tape compilation that we’ll be putting together every 20 rounds or so, but will also be listed on our site with a link to their website. Winners will also get a small gift from Drums Bang. It’s not much, but this showcase is really just for fun.
Basic Timeline for Contest:
– Once we premier the sample criteria for the challenge, you have one (1) week to submit your beat via the submission form.
– When the submission deadline has arrived, we will compile a playlist and voting page for the current round.
– If submissions get out of control, BDTB will select a maximum of 50 beats per contest.
– Voting will be up on BDTB, via a poll, for one (1) week. Battles go from Sunday-Sunday.
– After the voting time has ended, the winner will be announced, and the new contest will start.
Basic Rules & Guidelines:
– Anybody may enter.
– You may only enter one (1) beat per contest.
– The provided sample must be the driving force for your beat entry.
– If the sample isn’t the driving force, or we can’t tell that you did indeed use the sample, your submission is void.
– There are no restrictions if you want to add additional instrumentation. Have at it.
– The beat must be between 1:20-1:40 minutes in length. It takes a long time to listen to 50 four-minute beats.
– You must use Soundcloud to upload your beat and share the link for it in the submission form.
– We will put together a Soundcloud playlist with all of the beats, and you will vote using our polls.
– The winners must send us the winning instrumental to be used for our upcoming compilation release.