Check out Ahwlee‘s computer-based release “1991,” a 19-track beat release of sampled jams. The limited edition cassette is sold out but you can still cop the digital version.
• Internet is made available to unrestricted commercial use and number of computers on the net reaches 1 million
• Linus Torvalds releases first version of the Linux operating system kernel
• The American Galileo spacecraft makes its closest approach to 951 Gaspra, becoming the first probe to visit an asteroid
• Microsoft Releases MS Dos 5.0
• Blue Roses produced by Genetic Engineering
• Tim Berners-Lee introduces the web browser
• Ahwlee uses current technology to start recording 1991